tcell vs viral load count
Mar 3, 2006
I recently began meds because my Viral load was over 750,000, but my TCell count was 333. Did I need to start them? I have been HIV+ for 6 months.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although many of us like to get a few sets of numbers to establish a baseline or trend, that viral load is high enough and the CD4 count low enough I could see how some doctors would recommend starting treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.