question on lab results

I will like to get a second opinion on some new lab results that I just got. These are the results that I have received so far: 12/20/2004: CD4% 22.4, CD Abs 557, VL 5396. 4/14/2005: CD4% 21, CD Abs 630, VL 42677. 7/7/2005: CD4% 18, CD4 Abs 576, 15264. 11/10/2005: CD4% 21, CD abs 504, VL 4633. 2/16/2006 CD4% 16.5, CD Abs 413, VL 7839.

These last set of results have me worried since I did see not only a drop in my CD4 count, but in the percentage. However, looking at the previous tests, it looks like the CD4% is going up and down. My doctor mention that I was stable, and I am not trying to second guess him, but obviously I have some concerns that I hope I can put to rest with your opinion (or take the proper action). I also started an exercise program immediately after the November 2005 results and I am wondering if the new results may have to do with that. Any feedback will be welcomed.

I doubt exercise would drop your counts. I think you need another point or two on the line to establish a trend. On the face of it, it looks somewhat concerning. But given the relatively low and stable viral load, I would not be that concerned yet. However, if you see another dip in your CD4 below 400 or 15%, then it is time to take some action and consider starting treatment.

what does it mean for a non-pregant 46 year old to have very high AFP counts with Hep C.
cd4 drop and relatively high viral load