Can CD4 leves change signifiantly within 2 months?

My sister and brother-in-law were both diagnosed with HIV 12-years ago. My sister had noncompliant with any drug therapies for the past 3-years. She was a heavy smoker and drinker. Her last two labs had CD4 at 522 and CD4% at 22%. She had terrible peripheral neuropathy in her legs and was very sedentary for the past six months. My nephew found her unresponsive one afternoon and called 911. She lived for almost 3 hours in the emergency room before she passed. Many tests were done in the e.r. (c.t., chest x-ray, UA etc..) all were negative. There were no cardiac issues or any other sort of vascular event. There was no trauma or foul play involved. My sister had been feeling so poor for several weeks. Her last lab was done only two months prior to her death with the levels as stated above. Could these levels had significantly dropped causing some catastrophic event? She also had incidences of pancreatitis. The e.r. doctor indicated that one of her labs indicated she might have had low grade pancreatitis prior to her death. The family did not want to pursue an autopsy. Everybody felt that her death was most likely due to her 12-year history of HIV. Any thoughts?

Unlikely directly related to HIV infection or complications associated with HIV given that CD4 count and percentage.

HIV viral load
100 T4's & no VL >20 yrs?