Mar 3, 2006
hi i recently found out i have hiv and am woundering what is a normal viral load count and cd4 count and what does this mean my cd4 is 276 and my viral load is 476000
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no "normal" viral load. Every person is different. Viral load in untreated people can range from undetectable to over one million copies/ml of blood. Your viral load is very high. Given where your CD4 count and viral load are, treatment is recommended now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Hiv Live On Surfaces?
- Would Herpes Show On A Pap Smear If You Are Not Having A Breakout
- When Are Genital Warts Contagious?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- Vaginitis And Yeast Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.