Swing in CD4 / Load

I am not taking meds. Infection was May 2005. I recently had CD4 and viral load done at two different labs at an overseas location (Bangkok) within one week of each other (after disappointing results of first, I went for a second at a more major hospital.) In the first round, the CD4 was reported as 169 absolute (cells/mm3) and viral load 35,830, log equiv. 4.55 (Bayer HIV-1 3.0 Assay). In the next week, at the hospital lab, the results were: CD4 133L cell/mm3 and load (Quantative; standard method) of 78,300 with log equiv. of 4.89. Is it normal for there to be such a wide swing in the load and CD4? Other questions: Am I clinically an "AIDS" patient now? Should I likely be on meds? And some last details that you might want to have: On the hospital lab report, the full blood analysis shows platelet count to be 153 (10^3/mm3)and the comment "platelets adequate". Lymphocytes were 1160 /mm3; hemoglobin 13.1 g/dl and hematocrit 38.7 % I appreciate your input Doctor. I am managing this on my own, just getting the lab work done in a 3rd country, to avoid being noticed as an HIV patient in the overseas country I work in. I am afraid I don't know enough to make sense of these results.

Those two sets of labs (both viral load and CD4 count) are essentially the same. Given the CD4 count, you have an AIDS diagnosis. You should absolutely be on meds ASAP.

HTLV-I questions
no clue