Therapy so soon? Swollen Lymphnode.

I have been positive since 2004. In late 2004, my T-cell count stood at 450. My T-cells have fallen with every blood test, and have been stabil at 320 since October. My viral load was 7,000 a year ago and increased to 134,000 in January of this year. My percentage has fallen with every blood test and is now 16 percent. I also have a swollen lymphnode in my left armpit that sometimes aches. It has been swollen since I first tested positive in 2004. Should I be concerned about the lymphnode? Should I start therapy soon? My doctor says yes, but it is hard to accept that I may have to go on meds after being positive for just two years. I look and feel healthy. Thanks for such an informative website.

As I stated in my previous answer, I agree with your doctor in terms of starting meds. Each person is affected by this virus differently and your immune system appears to have lost control, given the CD4 decline and jump in viral replication. Lymph node swelling may be a reaction to increased viral replication going.

viral load = <400
Starting meds