|viral load = <400
Feb 25, 2006
i was wondering what you have to say about a 50 y/o male with a viral load never above 400, but cd4 ranges of 100-200 over the last 5 years.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Rare, but described. It used to be referred to as "slow, low", meaning people who are infected and took a big hit early with their CD4 count, but then are stable at low counts with low viral (primarily) or undetectable viral loads. It was thought that their virus replicated at a much slower rate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
- How Long After Sex Do Symptoms Of A Std Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.