|HIV Vaccine Question
Feb 25, 2006
I am wondering that if HIV-negative get the preventive vaccine, the blood test will be positive or not?
On the other hand, if HIV-positive get the theraeutic vaccine, the blood test can be negative or not? (because vaccine can kill all viruses)
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Good questions. The answer to the first question is yes. Depending on what experimental vaccine is given and the antibodies that develop as a result of immunization. The answer to the second question is no. Therapeutic vaccines to date, have been shown in some studies to boost the immune system response against HIV, but no eliminate the virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.