Viral load increase even though CD4 is on the rise

I have been on Combivir and Sustiva for 3 months and went for a check-up. My CD4 has increased from 197 to 575, but my Viral load has increased from 50,000 to 150,000. What could the reasons be and should I be worried that my meds aren't working? Is viral load fluctuations common? Thank you.

Hmmmm... Something is not right with this picture. You are correct to question this. The C4 count increase would indicate treatment is working and you are taking your meds as prescribed. On the other hand, with that regimen we should have seen your viral load go down to 1,000 or less during this time. The first thing to do is get your numbers rechecked. If the viral load result is real then a resistance is necessary to determine whether any or all of your medications are working.

CD4 and viral load
high T-cells high viral load