HCV-VL & GENOTYPE

I have HCV with viral load 16.586 IU and genotype 4(Egyptian strain). Is this viral load very high? My doctor recommended me to start cure with interferon which will cause high fever and excaustion.What is your opinion about that.Can I avoid the cure? He also told me that this genotype is rear. I am not drug user and I don't have ever visit Egypt or another arabic country. I try to found out how exactly have been infected with HCV. By, the way, I am greek and I live in Greece. Thank you for your time. You are doing excellent work.

That would be considered a low copy number. Genotype 4 is not limited to Egypt. It certainly is found in Europe and the US, although much less often than genotype 1 (most common) and 2 and 3. I cannot comment on a treatment decision for you and must be weighed on a number of factors (including extent of liver damage as measured by biopsy or other ways).

Viral load
sub types