Feb 12, 2006
What is a normal quantitation and what is considered high or low. Mine is 826,000 IU/ml. I have Geno 1a Hep C. My AST is 63 and my ALT is 51. Can you tell me what they are and what that means. Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Quantitation can range from just a few copies to tens of millions of IU or copies/mL. One IU is equivalent to between one and 5 copies/mL depending on the assay. That number of IU would be considered low.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Cold Sores?
- What To Take To Suppress Genital Herpes?
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What Is The Drug Of Choice To Treat Gonorrhea?
- Is It Bad To Scratch Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.