definition of HIV subtype B?
Feb 12, 2006
what is the definition of HIV-1 subtype B, and how differs drom subtype A ancd C?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Subtypes of HIV are linked or separated by how close or different the genetic sequence is in certain genes of HIV-1 like the envelop or polymerase gene. So people with subtype B have sequences in these genes that are closely related and are different than subtype C and A by some percentage of DNA difference.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Lap Dance?
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Erotic Massage
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.