Feb 5, 2006
Why is kaposi's sarcoma only seen in gay men and usually not in HIV infected women and African heterosexuals?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Great question. Development of KS is associated with a herpes virus (HHV8). But not all people with HHV8 develop KS. It is thought to be sexually transmitted and there may be underlying genetic or host factors of why there is greater development in men who have sex with men then in other risk groups.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.