HB DNA PCR +ve
Feb 4, 2006
I am a health care worker. I have been vaccinated and my HbsAb levels have been always high. I have always been HbsAg negative. On a recent test, the lab tested by HB DNA by ultraquant method. This was done by mistake cause we had asked for HbsAb level to recheck my immunity and see if I need a booster. the PCR shows 179 IU/ml. How is this possible. Am I activelty infected. what does this mean for my job as a healthcare worker. what does it mean for my wife and childern?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely infected, but you need to get this sorted out with your doctor or employee health service with retesting.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.