lower t-cells but higher % lymphcytes

I recently had my labs done and my t-cell count dropped from 560 to 364. But my percentage of lymphocytes went from 34% to 40%. I know that the percentage is supposed to be a more important number and that it is good that these numbers increased. My viral load went from 50,600 to 16,900. My doctor told me we should still wait to start meds. I am concerned over the lower t-cell count near 350. Is the absolute t-cell count much more variable? Does it make sense that the absolute number would decrease and the % would increase?

Thanks

The absolute number is more variable. The only instance where your percetage goes up and your absolute number goes down is if your total lymphocyte count and/or total white blood cell count went down on the second test.

HIV and Fibromyalgia
lab test antigen