PCP

Hi

My doctor put me on Cozole along with my ARV's she said it is to prevent pcp , can you tell me more about pcp and why should i take cozole if i am not sick , my cd 4 is currently at 380

thanks

Hmmmm. Not sure why you would need cozole to prevent PCP if your CD4 count is 380. What is the CD4 percent? If the CD4 percent is < 14% then perhaps it would be necessary with that high of a CD4 count. PCP stands for pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. It is an organism that can cause serious pneumonia in people with AIDS and we usually prescibe drugs like cozole to people with a CD4 count < 200 or 14% to be taken every day to prevent PCP from occuring.

Newly Diagnosed with Suprising Labs
Immune Reconstitution