Jan 28, 2006
My doctor put me on Cozole along with my ARV's she said it is to prevent pcp , can you tell me more about pcp and why should i take cozole if i am not sick , my cd 4 is currently at 380
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Hmmmm. Not sure why you would need cozole to prevent PCP if your CD4 count is 380. What is the CD4 percent? If the CD4 percent is < 14% then perhaps it would be necessary with that high of a CD4 count. PCP stands for pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. It is an organism that can cause serious pneumonia in people with AIDS and we usually prescibe drugs like cozole to people with a CD4 count < 200 or 14% to be taken every day to prevent PCP from occuring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.