CD4 cells and STD's
Jan 28, 2006
Thank you in advance for helping with my question.
I am wondering whether having a developing chlamydia infection may influence the absolute cd4 cell count? Do cd4 cells participate in the immune response for other STD's or just HIV? Can such a developing infection be responsible for a lower absolute cd4 count in the face of a pre-existing HIV infection?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Anal Warts?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- What Causes Vaginal Bleeding After Sex?
- Are Lymph Node Swelling Ringing Ears Vision Change Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.