Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried you have got HIV and not yet got tested!
Jan 28, 2006

Please can you also post this in your worried about HIV section please.

4 years ago I had unprotected sex with a older lady, I was 19 and she was 34. 2 weeks later I had the symptoms of a STD, burning when I urinated, discharge and general discomfort around the penis, I went to the GUM clinic and was treated for it. Then one of the guys I worked with at the time found out I had unprotected sex with her, and told me she had aids! which at the time I laughed off. 3 years later and I met 2 other guys that had also slept with the same women, and they knew of more people. This made me think that perhaps the guy wasnt joking and she did have HIV. This was the worse possible scenario because I started to worry and soon after became a nervous wreck, and completely depressed, I then started to get aches all over the body and cold symptoms. This added with worry nearly tipped me over the edge. I nearly lost everything, I quit my job and became even depressed. Until 2 months of severe depression I made the biggest and BEST decision, I booked myself an appointment to get tested at my local GUM clinic! This was really scary and fortunately my test results were back the next day, after initially being told it could take upto 10days, THEY CAME BACK NEGATIVE!! My point is I became seriously ill over nothing but hearsay! So if your worried go get tested its the best thing you can possibly do in either case. My mind made me ill, dont let yours do the same.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Posted

Previous
cd4 counts
Next
cd4 ,vl numbers

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.