Worried you have got HIV and not yet got tested!

Please can you also post this in your worried about HIV section please.

4 years ago I had unprotected sex with a older lady, I was 19 and she was 34. 2 weeks later I had the symptoms of a STD, burning when I urinated, discharge and general discomfort around the penis, I went to the GUM clinic and was treated for it. Then one of the guys I worked with at the time found out I had unprotected sex with her, and told me she had aids! which at the time I laughed off. 3 years later and I met 2 other guys that had also slept with the same women, and they knew of more people. This made me think that perhaps the guy wasnt joking and she did have HIV. This was the worse possible scenario because I started to worry and soon after became a nervous wreck, and completely depressed, I then started to get aches all over the body and cold symptoms. This added with worry nearly tipped me over the edge. I nearly lost everything, I quit my job and became even depressed. Until 2 months of severe depression I made the biggest and BEST decision, I booked myself an appointment to get tested at my local GUM clinic! This was really scary and fortunately my test results were back the next day, after initially being told it could take upto 10days, THEY CAME BACK NEGATIVE!! My point is I became seriously ill over nothing but hearsay! So if your worried go get tested its the best thing you can possibly do in either case. My mind made me ill, dont let yours do the same.

Posted

cd4 counts
cd4 ,vl numbers