Jan 28, 2006
I was recently diagnosed with a CD4 count of 170 and viral load of 24,000. I'm on Reyataz, Truvada and Retinovir. After 8 weeks of treatment my viral load was undectable and my CD4 has risen to 294. Is this is a good result and can I still expect my CD4 to rise and if so, to what level?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Excellent result. It is hard to predict what your peak CD4 count might be. I think you might see another 50-100 cell increase at the very least.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.