Lab results, Good but how good?

Hi Doc and hello from Australia.

I was diagnosed with HIV around a year ago. I believe I was infected around a year ago as well my last negative test came back in October of 2004. When I was first diagnosed in Feb of 2005 my VL was 26000. CD4 count was 525 and percentage was 25%.

Recently my September Test came back with VL 2000 CD4 count 1150 and percentage was 32%. My next test came back at the end of November with a VL of 170 CD4 count of 850 percentage with a percentage of 34%.

The doctor then tested me again a week later to see if there was a mistake in my results. Everything was stable accept my VL which reduced further to 70.

Three weeks ago I had another test and my VL is now undetectable <40 and my CD4 count remained at 850 while my percentage increased to 39%.

I understand that these are good results. What I am trying to determine is how good and how common are results like this? What are my chances of controling this virus without treatment in the future?

Regards

The results are excellent, but not very common. Although your immune system appears to be controlling the virus successfully, only time will tell whether this will continue to be the case long term.

Cause for concern?
want to know