Jan 28, 2006
Please can you outline the principles of viral isolation in the diagnosis and monitoring of HIV infection?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Virus isolation if you mean by culture is not used for diagnosis or monitoring HIV infection. Viral RNA is isolated for viral load tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Show Up Years After Being Infected?
- If You Swallow The Semen Of Hiv Infected Person Can You Get Hiv?
- Would A Cbc Test Show If You Have Chlamydia
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What If You Have Chlamydia For Over A Year?
- What Does Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.