Jan 28, 2006
Please can you outline the principles of viral isolation in the diagnosis and monitoring of HIV infection?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Virus isolation if you mean by culture is not used for diagnosis or monitoring HIV infection. Viral RNA is isolated for viral load tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Black Spots Mean I Have Hiv?
- Does HIV Cause Pain In Penis?
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.