Jan 28, 2006
I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH HEP C AND MY LIVER ENZYMES ARE REALLY HIGH. I HAD A LIVER ULTRASOUND THAT SHOWED LIVER TO BE NORMAL .. SO IS THERE A CHANCE WHEN I HAVE MY LIVER BIOPSY THAT IT WONT BE NORMAL ..JUST NEED TO KNOW
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes there is a good chance with chronic HCV infection that a liver biopsy will be abnormal. The devel is in the details of how significant the liver damage is.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
- Are Painful Swollen Lymph Nodes In Back Of Head Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.