|Date of Infection
Jan 22, 2006
I have asked several questions on this site and you have been fantastic at answering them. In a constant effort, as a newly diagnosed person, to understand HIV better, can you tell me if it is possible for a doctor to give a person an approximate timeframe as to when they were infected?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Difficult to determine accurately unless there are previous known negative tests and/or remembering when one may have had an acute flu like syndrome prior to getting a positive test result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Rash?
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Tingling Lips A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.