Platelets and CD4 results

Hello, I would first like to thank the doctors that make this site a lifeline for many people, I have just recieved my latest results, recieving no medication at the moment, CD4 400, 32% and VL of 400,000 previous result (CD4 348,29%, VL 160,000), I am in good health 98KG 5' 10" male and apart from the odd bout of oral thrush and rarely night sweats have no major symptons until this latest test it seems I have a problem with clotting ,more blood has been taken to establish the cause, so does a low platlet count mean anything significant in regardes to the hiv infection? or could it be another problem?, and with my current stats what would the best prognosis before having to start meds?, there also been a increase in blood pressure 142/83 up from my normal 128/65, I would like to leave medication until the point where abstaining could cause major infections, or is this a unwise course of action?

Low platelet counts have been associated with HIV infection, although many other things can cause this condition. Although your CD4 count is fairly good, that high level of viral load indicates to me that treatment should be started sooner rather than later. If other causes are ruled out, starting HIV treatment and getting the virus under control can improve the platelet count.

Treatment Interuption because of elevated liver
Date of Infection