|cd4 & viral load results
Jan 21, 2006
my partner was infected approx 2 yrs ago hes just tested positive his first CD4 count is 270 and VL is 57,000 should we be concerned about starting treatment soon? I was tested also and although we`ve always had unprotected sex I am neg should we use protection now?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Absolutely use protection. Another set of numbers should be obtained, but if they are in the same range, then treatment is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Achy Balls After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.