cd4 & viral load results
Jan 21, 2006
my partner was infected approx 2 yrs ago hes just tested positive his first CD4 count is 270 and VL is 57,000 should we be concerned about starting treatment soon? I was tested also and although we`ve always had unprotected sex I am neg should we use protection now?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Absolutely use protection. Another set of numbers should be obtained, but if they are in the same range, then treatment is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Massage?
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Is The Herpes Virus In A Male's Semen?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.