Hiv viral load

I was changed to kaletra and my cd4 went from 272 to 310 in one month. Usually my doctor orders a viral load test quant. The lab made a mistake and performed only a qualitative and the result is yes to hiv status. I knew that already my doctor did not insist to get retested because my cd4 increased and I have been upset because I would have like to see how the new meds affected my viral load. Should I be upset or concerned or just let it go as an error and wait for the next qurterly test result?

You don't indicate what your viral load was at the switch and what your HIV med history has been or what you were taking and what you were changed to including the Kaletra. Although we like to get a viral load about one month after the switch to make sure it is going in the right direction, your CD4 count increase is a good sign. I would suggest getting after 2 months.

OUI and recently started meds
Anti-oxidants