How do I describe my state of health?

I am 49 years old. I was diagnosed HIV+ in 1998 with a CD4 count of 30 and a viral load of 1.5 million. I went on welfare for a period of two years. Just prior to testing HIV+ I was diagnosed with a psychotic disorder and major depression. I was treated with Zyprexa and Zoloft. I started returning to work in 2001. I have been on antidepressants (Zoloft, then Cipramil and now Avvanza).

I had an attack of shingles which affected multiple dermatomes in 2002 when my CD4 count had climbed to the mid-400s. I have been working full-time again since 2003. My CD4 count is currently in the 750s.

Different doctors have told me different things about what I have experienced. Some say I have had AIDS, but others say I have had a low CD4 count and some bouts of ill health.

Perhaps I'm a bit naive, but what is an appropriate description of what I have been through. Have I had AIDS for 7 years, or have the definitions changed so much that I fall into another category?

Curious.

You had AIDS, and currently do not. I look at this from the point of where your immune system is today.

My Hepatitic
Understanding Instability