low VL and low cd4

Was neg using a "home test" in April 05, tested pos on a life ins. exam Dec 05. All other labs ok, I am 55, no medical problems in good health. My CD4 was 400 told it was normal(lower limits of the lab 410 which seems low, most labs lower limits 500 or more). Viral load was 276. Seems with viral load so low CD4 should be much higher. They want to recheck in a couple of weeks but told no treatment, follow up in three months.

What can I expect with those numbers in the future. Statistically speaking when will I likely have to start meds?

There is no indication given your current numbers that HIV treatment is indicated in the near future. You need a few more points on the line to know where you are going. It can't necessarily be predicted from one or two sets of numbers.

Shingles and finger infections
What to expect with full blown AIDS 4 CD4 cells, and TB