Shingles and finger infections

I had a bad case of Shingles on my left side in March of 2005. Just prior to the Shingles onset, two of my fingers on my right hand developed large pus filled sacs around the fingernails. They were extremely painful and remained with me for about 1 to 2 weeks then the pain on my side began and then the blisters appeared. I hadnt been diagnosed with HIV at that point (not till 5 months later). Do you think there is any correlation between all this. Thank you.

Perhaps, but it is very hard to say, not having a diagnosis of what was going on with your fingers.

T-Cell Count and Viral Load time for Meds?
low VL and low cd4