Neg HIV in April now full blown Aids

My son was diagnosed with Syphlis(stageII)this past April but tested neg for HIV. Now he is in hospital with PCP and thrush with a CD4 of 14. How can someone convert so quickly and is there a good chance for converting to HIV?

I can't explain the difference in HIV test results between then and now. I assume his HIV antibody and western blot tests are now positive. Given his CD4 count < 200 and ongoing PCP, if his HIV antibody test is positive, he has an AIDS diagnosis. Prompt HIV treatment will result in dramatic improvement in his CD4 count and therefore risk of getting any further opportunistic infections.

LYRICA and HIV
missed 3rd hepB