CD4,255,VL1300,medicate?

I was just diagnosed pos. this dec my cd4 count was 255 and my viral load 1300. I am not very well informed on this virus and all it's issues.My doc says i am in a grey area that sometimes not treating this can be benificial to the future of my treatment.I am extremely healthy 29 yrs old, i used to box until i got this result and continue to stay in great shape.So I am worried that treating now may reduce the chances of a long healthy life.At the same time i do not know what these numbers mean exactly or how things will change if i do drop under 200 or if i should delay treatment until i am right at 200.I know that now adays even below 200 the medication can turn all around but is gambling now with treatment more or less benifical to longevity?

You don't need to start treatment immediately. However, I would like to see another set of numbers or two to establish the trend. Although your current viral load is low, indicating a low viral replication rate and perhaps a stable CD4 count at that level, treatment now will shut the virus off and increase your CD4 count significantly. You are not at a dangerous CD4 count yet, but you are approaching it. Positive effects of treatment need to be balanced with the risk of side effects.

CD19
seropositive to hiv