Antibiotics and Lab results

First, this site is great and has helped me numerous times. The bottom line question I have...do antibiotics effect the counts of Tcells and/or Viral load? I'm treatment naive..in Sept my VL was 26,000 and my Tcells were at 14% and my doc suggested that I would probably start meds at the next follow up. Today my viral load was downt o 16,000 and my Tcells were up to 20% the highest level in 2 years. I was on a course of Bactrim/Rifampin which I d/c'd 2 days before the last blood draw. Would antibiotics effect these numbers...or should I just shut up and be happy :) Thank again.

The antibiotics themselves will not affect the viral load test. I assume you had some kind of infection for which you were receiving those antibiotics. An acute infection could increase viral load and decrease CD4 counts, so treating that process could cause the viral load to decrease and the CD4 count to increase. That said, the difference in the two viral load tests is not significantly different and well within assay variability.

retested viral load...
AIDS and SSI/SSDI