Jan 2, 2006
I heard recently that a person that has been infected with the Hepatitus C virus can sometimes 'convert' to not being infected anymore. I know that sometimes babies born with HIV can convert to negative, but I've never heard of it happening in adults or babies with Hep. Thanks, Janet
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are a small percentage (10-15%) of people who have been exposed to HCV, infected, and who developed antibodies (so that their HCV antibody test is positive), and appear to have cleared the infection because they do not have evidence of chronic infection as their HCV viral load tests are negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.