VL = 0

Thanks for all the careful educational advice you give all of us on this forum. Though it is a touch repetitive, I especially appreciate your emphasizing that patients should always thoroughly discuss issues with their physicians.

My question: you mentioned in a recent posting to an individual from Spain: "Please note that your viral load is NOT zero."

I don't know what assays are currently used in Spain, but I know that the lab here in Germany that does testing for me and the other patients at our particular practice does indeed test down to 0. (My viral load was recently 2 copies/microliter.) This was just introduced here several months ago.

Perhaps it's the same with him? (Or perhaps I've misunderstood something?)

Greetings from Berlin.

Berlin, one of my favorite cities. and where I still have relatives. Your doctors can call it what they want, but it is unlikely they can record an accurate zero count. The current assays, regardless of modification are just not that precise. Ask them where the data from the assay has been peer reviewed and published using blinded samples. I would love to learn how they did it.

TCells and Viral Load
freaking out--high VL