Falling T cells
Dec 24, 2005
I have been positive for 6 years. My T cells have continualy risen.When first diagnosed my T cells where 180-220. Six months ago my T cells where 692 and I was undetectable. Three months ago my T cells droped to 574 I was still undetectable. What may have caused this? My doctor said this may have been caused by my system fighting a cold.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Perhaps. But I suspect there was no real change in your CD4 count because your CD4 percent was likely the same for both counts.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If A Girl Has Hiv?
- How Soon After Hiv Exposure Contagious?
- How Well Am I Protected From Hiv If I Use A Condom?
- Negative Hiv Result Then Testing Positive Risk
- Is It Difficult For A Man To Contract Hiv From A Woman Through Normal Vaginal Intercourse?
- Can You Have A False Negative Hiv Test After 3 Months?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.