Drug changes

I was tested positive 6 1/2 years ago. T-cell 260 and viral load 25,000.

I started taking Norvir and combovir. My t-cell went to 550 and vl undetectable.

I stayed on that regimen for almost 5 years (t-cell stayed from 500-650 and always undetectable).

3 years ago I was diag. with hodkins and went through chemo. It's been 3 years cancer free.

My doctor advised that I should consider once a day dosing with Truvada and Sustiva. I have always been leary of switching as Norvir (600mg x 2) and the other drugs worked for so long.

Is there anything I should be concerned about now that I have switched to 1 day Truvada and Sustiva? Should these do as well as Norvir and combovir?

All side effects of Norvir are now gone. It's been 3 months. T-cell's now at 750.

Please advise.

You should do just fine and it was good for you to get off that high a dose of norvir.

can I really stay undetectable?
Dropping T-cells