Alternative Therapies to Sustiva and Viramune

I have been hiv+ for ten years, and only once in that time, for a period of approximately five years, was I on a steady regimen: Epivir, Zerit, and Viramune. The only side effect to this combination was mild peripheral neuropathy due to the Zerit. I stopped this regimen three years ago, and maintained contact with my doctor every three months; my viral load varied from 15-25K, and CD4 was 600-800. It is also noteworthy that the doctor conducted a genotype and found me resistant to Sustiva (I have never taken this drug, but for five years I was with a partner who did; enough said).

Recently I relocated for employment purposes and did not see a doctor for five months. On my return to healthcare, my blood work revealed that my CD4 was 550, and that my viral load had risen to 115K.

My question is, now that I am resistant to Sustiva (and, I suppose, Viramune by default), what "lipo-friendly" substitute is there for this class of drug that would mesh well with, say Epivir and Viread? I have been fortunate in that I have avoided lipodystrophy and lipoatrophy these ten years, and I would like for this to continue, if possible.

Thank you.

If the genotype said you were resistant to sustiva, then it should have also said you were resistant to viramune. Your sustiva resistance was caused by taking viramune as these drugs will result in cross resistance to the other. I would suggest boosted reyataz as a good alternative.

VL up twice in a month
confusing combo