|percentages and ratios
Dec 24, 2005
help! the guys I go to group therapy with are all talking about their "ratios". I askd my dr. and he said he doesnt use ratios as part of his treatment of HIV. On my blood test it said 0.6% but all the guys are talking about whole numbers ie. 16% 23% etc..what is the scoop here...is my ratio 6% and is that bad?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The "ratio" would usually be referring to the CD4/CD8 ratio. That would not be a percentage but a fractional number like 0.6. Most docs would not use this to follow treatment. The percentage is most likely the percent of CD4 cells. So the important number for you is your absolute CD4 count and the CD4 percentage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.