percentages and ratios

help! the guys I go to group therapy with are all talking about their "ratios". I askd my dr. and he said he doesnt use ratios as part of his treatment of HIV. On my blood test it said 0.6% but all the guys are talking about whole numbers ie. 16% 23% etc..what is the scoop here...is my ratio 6% and is that bad?

Thanks

The "ratio" would usually be referring to the CD4/CD8 ratio. That would not be a percentage but a fractional number like 0.6. Most docs would not use this to follow treatment. The percentage is most likely the percent of CD4 cells. So the important number for you is your absolute CD4 count and the CD4 percentage.

drug interaction
Is it safe to start Antiretroviral?