HIV Testing in Children

My brother is adopting a child in Russia. The baby has been tested 2 times, the latest test being given at 18 months. Both test showed negative. In order to return to the states another routine antibody was conducted at 22 months. At this time the test was positive. They are now running the gold standard test for HIV. I am trying to keep a positive attitude. Isn't it highly likely that the latest test (positive) is incorrect. Isn't it highly unlikely that that 2 test showed negative for HIV and now there is a chance at the age of 22 months? Please respond quickly. The unsureness of the situation is making us crazy!

You are correct. It is unlikely to be a real positive, unless there is some reason for the child to have become infected in the interim.

Should I have been notified?
Second lab results