|Should I have been notified?
Dec 24, 2005
The last time I had my lab work done Oct. 2005. My RBC was 3.67, Hemaglobin 11.5 and Hematocrit 33.4. Should I have been notified. I have been HIV+ for 20 years. And I have just been put on meds in Sept. 2005. I found out 2 months after my lab work had been done.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what those lab values were prior to starting meds or over the last year. So it is difficult to know whether the anemia was a long standing problem or not. If this was an acute change and your values were normal just prior to starting meds then an investigation is warranted to determine the cause.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.