Should I have been notified?
Dec 24, 2005
The last time I had my lab work done Oct. 2005. My RBC was 3.67, Hemaglobin 11.5 and Hematocrit 33.4. Should I have been notified. I have been HIV+ for 20 years. And I have just been put on meds in Sept. 2005. I found out 2 months after my lab work had been done.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what those lab values were prior to starting meds or over the last year. So it is difficult to know whether the anemia was a long standing problem or not. If this was an acute change and your values were normal just prior to starting meds then an investigation is warranted to determine the cause.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.