Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cd4 count rises but viral load stays stays same from last labs
Dec 17, 2005

I am poz for over a yr. I have been on reyataz and combivir for a while. In june my labs were vl undetectable < 50 and my cd 4 count was 684. In sept my vl was 110 and my cd 4 count was 740. My last check up was dec 5th and my cd 4 count increased to 832 and my vl remains at 110. Is there an issue as to why my vl was once < 50 and undetectable in June and 110 my last 2 check ups? I was hoping for my vl to be < 50 and undetectable as it once was. My dr says its not much to worry about , but i am searching for a reason for the increase. Maybe you could explain some possible reasons.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Holodniy

I agree with your doctor. It is likely this is the result of what we call blipping and is most likely related to the assay or collection and blood processing variability issues than failure of your HIV regimen.

Previous
Missing doses
Next
Labs and Status?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.