cd4 low count, herpes, pap smear abnormal.

I have a question i have hiv and herpes also did a pap smear that came out abnormal, getting ready to do a biopsy. my cd4 helper cells: 123 cd4 30.4% cd8 supp. 154 cd8 38.6% cd4/cd8 raton .80% and my viral load is 858411 copies/ml.

my doctor told me that i had to have hiv for years but i dont think so. been tested before and nothing. can your numbers for the cd4 really tell u how long you have had it? and can the abnormal pap smear and herpes lowers your cd4 count?

One can speak generally about length of infection, but without known prior HIV tests that were negative, it is very difficult to say with accuracy. Your doctor is reacting to the low CD4 count as a measure of infection duration. In the absence of HIV treatment, active herpes infections could raise the viral load and decrease the CD4 count. Once the herpes is treated or resolved, viral load and CD4 count usually go back to what their baseline was. Unlikely the abnormal pap smear would affect CD4 count and viral load.

CD4/CD8 inversion
Be prepared...?