Dec 17, 2005
Does CD4/CD8 inversion occur before/during or after HIV viremia rampup and seroconversion? Can inversion ever be returned to notmal ratio? What causes inversion?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Usually happens sometime after infection has been established. The inversion of the ratio is a result of loss of CD4 cells because HIV infects those cells and expansion of CD8 cells in reaction to the HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Rid Of Vaginal Cysts?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Sexually Transmitted Disease That Cause Numbness
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.