HIV positive AFTER prior vaccination...

Hi there, I've taken part in the Ghent University Hospital (Belgium) HIV vaccination study a few years ago. I was recently diagnosed with HIV, and have just been to collect my 2nd base line CD4 count. In the medical files i saw that the vaccination study left me with "a 34% cellular immunity". As a biochemist, i would interpret this as: 34% of the T-cells are immune... Probably not correct though. What would you make of this? What could be the result of this on the HIV progression in my body? Thanks!

It is hard to know what this number represents. It could just be a raw number of either CD4 or CD8 cells, or alternatively, it could have been the percentage of CD8 cells that responded to the vaccine product you were given.

HIV Meds
I Have HIV And Lupus