|HIV or AIDS
Dec 9, 2005
My brother has recently shared his HIV status with my family. In addition to HIV he has also been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma. His viral load is 300's and CD4 is 74. Is his diagnosis HIV+ or AIDS? He has no other infection or disease process that we know of.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Based on a CD4 count of < 200, he has a diagnosis of AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
- Can Vaginitis Cause Vaginal Sores?
- Can You Catch Hepatitis B From Using The Restroom After Someone?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.