cd4/cd8 and lymphs (absolute) result
Dec 4, 2005
I am confused about my blood test.
the absolute cd 4 helper is: 123
the % cd pos. lymph is 30.7
the % cd 8 pos. lymph is 38.6 adn the cd4/cd8 ratio is .80 and my WBC count is 2.8 and my Lymphs (absolute) is 0.4. can you please explain to me what it means, i did come out positive for HIV?
have not started meds yet, seeing doctor very soon.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the CD4 percent or viral load is. But given that absolute CD4 count, regardless of the viral load, HIV treatment is indicated. Your WBC is also quite low, which probably explains why some of your other white blood cells are low as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Can Vaginal Bumps Be Other Then Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.