AIDS diagnosis

I read a response that seemed to indicate that one could "go back" from an AIDS diagnosis to being just HIV+. I am of the understanding that once someone has a CDC defined AIDS diagnosis then that person will always have an AIDS diagnosis. This is not to say that a persons CD4 could not shoot back up to well above 200 or a AIDS defining OI could not be treated and disappear and this is especially not to say that a person with an AIDS diagnosis cannot live a long and productive life. Mainly the diagnosis is important so that a person's doctor knows to keep a special eye out for complications. I work in the social support sector and I know that there are certain services available for people who have AIDS and are not just HIV+, this is where I am coming from with the question. Are you talking more in a medical way? I am a little confused.

Yes, the biology of the infection is dramatically different when someone's CD4 count goes from 100 to 300.

hiv 1
650 TCELL