Cd8s, flow cytometry, NK-cells
Nov 27, 2005
Hi, I was just wondering - I have seen that NK-cells also express CD8. Does this mean that CD8 quantification in flow cytometry is potentially unreliable, could it measure NK-cells in addition to "true" CD8s?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely these cells would be confused. It all depends on how the CD8 cells are being characterized and counted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Kiss A Girl?
- What Percentage Of The Population Has Genital Herpes?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Lip?
- What Does A Herpes Blood Test Tell You?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.