dropping CD4 Counts

Ihave been pos for about 9 years. my viral load has always been 0. However, my cd4 dropped from 600 to 420 in 4 months. My viral load undetectable. I have been under stress because of a death in my family. Could this of caused the drop? Everything else, liver, etc. is normal. I am a 39 year old female

Another number that is important to look at is the CD4 percent. If the percentage has stayed the same then it is probably just some normal fluctuation and could be related to stress. If your numbers have been consistent over time and this was one dip, I would not be too concerned about it. A repeat on your next visit should establish whether this is a trend or not.

Stagnant cd4 %
is viral load high or low?