Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Stagnant cd4 %

Hi... after 13 months of treatment on sustiva/truvada my viral load is undetectable & my cd4 from 290 to 729. Obviously, I'm very content with these results. My cd4% has gone from a low of 24% to 27% as of May 2005 and has lingered there as of my last labs in September. Reaching that magical 30% would be ideal. Would it appear that this is the best I can expect? I read that smokers tend to have higher cd8 counts... Could this explain the gap in ratio?

Your response has been great. You may still get some improvement in percentage over time. Smoking is never good for anything, although dissecting the effects of smoking on CD4 count and function has been difficult to prove.

Syphilis and HIV
dropping CD4 Counts